How would you handle this?

Say you pregnant and tell your boyfriend/SO and they tell you to get rid of it ( and they stress the issue) would you let that person in your child life after its born?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 6:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• In my opinion I would give all parties involved alittle time to adjust to the situation. When it is the right moment to discuss or let them know you are keeping the baby then see how the outcome it. Everyone need's to keep an open mind and listen to eachother. If you still don't know what to do talk to an outside source such as a therapist or close relative. All said and done it is the mother of the baby's decision on how you feel. Things will work out. Im sorry your going through this. For those of you with a harsh tounge give this girl a break. It is a very sensitive situation as it is she doesn't need immature or misunderstanding people to give her rude comments. Grow up. Hang in there and I hope everything works out for you. Abortion is usually not the answer depending on the situation and what is going on in your life. :)
    HopefulMommy80

Answer by HopefulMommy80 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It would really depend on their feelings about it when I would tell them I am keeping it. If they are still stressing the issue and everything then I prob wouldn't let them be around. But if they started to accept it then I prob would because when you have a newborn any help is good.
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well I agree with the others and it would depend on their feelings and actions after the baby has been born. Once you can physcially see that little miracle in person, it can really change your mind. My FIL didn't really PUSH the abortion issue but did mention it alot when my fiance and I found out we were having a baby at 20. My own father who didn't even talk to me for 3 months when he found out, told my mom to tell me to get an abortion. Well I didn't and now my father and my FIL are both sooooo in love with my son and can't get enough of him. Sometimes the circumstances of the situation make people say things they might regret later on...and from my experience at least, once that baby is born, people end up feeling completely different.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe, depends if they change their attitude towards the child. Fathers have the right be a part of their children's lives..even if they weren't very happy about being a dad in the first place.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• depends how he reacts if he shows he wants to be in his life then go from there if not forget him he just might change his mind after he gets to meet the baby especially if he has not have any kids. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• this kind of question is kind of complicated,if it's me I'll remind the guy how much he hurt me when he chose abortion over me having the baby,and then may be I'll allow him only if he has regretted what he did before the baby's birth.
    girlbaby

Answer by girlbaby at 6:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Uh oh... this is a problem that should have been handled long before now. Having a child is serious business and you should be using protection my dear.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Actually this exact situation arose as part of a television show and the girl decided to keep the baby instead of opting for what the boyfriend wanted which was for the girlfriend to terminate the pregnancy. However, the girl was too far long in her pregnancy. The boyfriends mom was more receptive and willing to help the girlfriend out then the boyfriend who said that their lives would be ruined if she chose to go through with the pregnancy.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sorry blabbermouth just because someone asked a question does not mean its them. I have a friend in this situation and i just wanted to know what other women thought of the situation. you know what they say about assuming something?
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If he didn't want the child before it is born, then he doesn't deserve the child after it's born. You either want that child to be in your life from the beginning or you don't, but there is no changing your mind. I wouldn't let him in the child's life if he didn't even want the child from the start.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010