I have been trying to get pregnant since August, nothing yet. I used to notice when I ovulate, haven't noticed any ovulation signs since we started trying. My period has been 7 days late or more twice in the last 6 months, was never late before. Has this happened to anyone else or could this be a sign that something is wrong?

ash10123

Asked by ash10123 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• TTC since Aug. is really a short amount of time. Most couples don't become pg on average until 6 months. I myself, have been TTC since May and nothing yet. My suggestion would be to invest in a fertility monitor, a book called "Taking Charge of my Fertility" and to be patient. If nothing in 12 months, the be concerned. It's quite possible that you are just ovulating later than you think and that's why you believe you are late every month. I have learned a great deal from the book I mentioned and I highly suggest you getting a copy. Good Luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A fertility monitor, that is a good idea thanks, good luck to you too!
    ash10123

Comment by ash10123 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yes, i've been trying since may..i've had cysts on my ovaries..i think this may be the cause of my cycles being off and late.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• baby dustttcTrying since August of this year? That is really not long enough to be thinking that something is wrong. Try for a year and then worry. We've been trying for almost 3 years so a couple months is not long at all. Good luck to you though. Here's some baby dust.

Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It may also be that you are stressing yourself out to the point here you're suppressing ovulation. In times of stress or starvation, our bodies put the energy required for ovulation into something more vital for surival. Try some stress management techniques, and try to "forget" about TTC, just have sex when you have the urge and let nature take its course. Get a massage, meditate, do whatever it takes to chill out and lower those stress hormones.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010