What kind of rules do you and your kids go by when they need to be disciplined?

1. sometimes they yell back at me

2. Sometimes they want to keep eating more than they should

3.Sometimes I say no to things and somehow they go around me and do it anyway, I don't want to keep getting the belt but that is all that seems to work :(

4. Or I can let their dad handle them but then I feel sorry for them :(

Thanks for listening ladies... Venting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• 1. If you're yelling, you're setting the status quo. Stop yelling, tell them you plan on it, and that they should too
    2. If they are hungry, let them eat
    3.If you tell them no to the xbox because its bedtime or homework time, take it away for a week. if they text when they are not supposed to go over a certain number of minutes, take the phone away for a week. the discipline goes along with what was done. as is with you. if you are late to church, you have to go in quetly. if you overgo your cell minutes, you pay extra.
    4. tweens are probably too old to be getting spankings
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know there are two things we do not do...Yell or spank/hit...grounding and removing of personal luxuries is our biggest useful discipline...We do not want to create a violent atmosphere and make it seem that violence is OK to use because we use it...

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A book that I found helful is called Scream-free parenting
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• daniella's got some good ideas there.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010