What does the first movement feel like?

bmarie09

Asked by bmarie09 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• need more info
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's like a flutter if your early into. You'd probably have to be laying down and having your hand over your stomach waiting for it type thing. I felt it while I was waiting for my husband to get off from work late in the car. It was at about 20 weeks for me. If it's your first child you may not feel your baby move until closer to 23 weeks or around there..though you can feel 'em anytime after 13 or 14 weeks I believe.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 6:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Bubbles popping in your lower abdomen.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Like a fart brewing
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am 16 weeks today and I know it's not gas or anything and I heard that it's like butterflies or a flutter.. but this feels like different from what I was expecting. It's in my lower abdomen and it's not painful.. I can't describe it! It happened earlier today about 5 times and then now for awhile and just a litle bit ago it happened again about 2 times.
    bmarie09

Comment by bmarie09 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• butterflys i was working my nite shift when i felt my lil boy move for the first time i thought i was going to cry
    lilfrankiemomma

Answer by lilfrankiemomma at 6:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Popcorn popping, butterflies fluttering or bubbles popping are ways I often described it.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 6:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• For me, the best description I can think of for the first feeling was like someone swiping a finger across the inside of my lower abdomen.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A gas bubble or like a flutter.. as if a butterfly is in there. It'll happen in your lower stomach/upper pelvic area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was always told "a flutter"....this was not so in my experience. I agree with the bubbles answer from PP....that's the early stages. After that, to me it felt like popcorn popping in my tummy....
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010