at wits end....

So now due to the milk and the open sore on my left breast, i have a yeast infection on the nipple. they say this is common, and she has thrash/thrush whichever it is. Im using nystatin cream on my breast and was told that it would be safe to still nurse and wouldnt have to wipe my breast off between nursing by my nursing consultant. BUT the nystatin info slip that came from the pharmacy says do not ingest and if so immediately call poison control? what do i do?

adyssonsmommy

Asked by adyssonsmommy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would wipe it off before nursing each time. usually they mean if u ingest like half the tube or so... but i would be cautious and wipe it off.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would not breast feed with the brest that is having the problem. I would pump on that side and def wipe off first.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Did they give you anything for your baby's mouth? Usually they will give you something to put in the baby's mouth in order to prevent passing it back and forth. If they did, you can put that on your nipple before nursing, but I would wipe off the nystatin cream, or ask a pharmacist to be sure. Lactation consultants are generally very knowledgeable, but better safe than sorry. If you pump, keep in mind that the thrush can live on the pump and sterilize it after each use so you won't give it back to yourself.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010