Stridor?

So my daughter has a cold and on saturday we found out she has an ear infection. Well I took her in today cause to me she seemed more congested. So when we were there the doctor said she is fine but has what they call "stridor" which has to do with the trachea. She didn't get detailed about just said that some babies get some don't. Also cause she has a cold it sounds worse. Does anyone know anything about itor have a child with it. I've tried to look it up. But the information doesn't seem very clear.

tine5318

Asked by tine5318 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stridor just refers to a respiratory noise. When you listen on the stethascope, stridor is a high pitched sound heard on inhalation. It usually means there is inflammation and they might do a breathing treatment on her to decrease the inflammation. (From a retired Respiratory Therapist) Thank you for that question....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Try this link, it is stridor from a 15 month old, the patients I have had with stridor seem a little more high pitched but this is still a good example

http://www.rale.ca/Stridor.htm
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I forgot to add that stridor can be a sign of epiglottitis with little ones, so it is something that needs to be checked out right away.. as the inflammation can cause an obstruction. Sometimes they might give ephinepherine via a breathing treatment...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2008