Do you still use Johnson & Johnson's bath products?

Recent studies have shown that toxic chemicals have been found in these products but in a statement, Johnson and Johnson said, “The FDA and other government agencies around the world consider these trace levels safe, and all our products meet or exceed the regulatory requirements in every country where they are sold.” The company also acknowledged, “We are disappointed that the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics has inaccurately characterized the safety of our products, misrepresented the overwhelming consensus of scientists and government agencies that review the safety of ingredients, and unnecessarily alarmed parents.”

MayBaby0507

Asked by MayBaby0507 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• There is arsnic in bottled water too... gonna stop buying that?

There is trace levels of toxic chemicals in EVERYTHING you consume. Ideally, it wouldn't be, but it is, because we live in the industrial age. Using baby wash isn't any more dangerous than anything else you put on or in your baby throughout the course of their lifetime. Even breastmilk has been found to have dangerous chemicals in it because we breathe it in on a daily basis.

I don't use Johnson & Johnson because I don't particularly like their products and don't find it necessary to use tons of soap on my kids every time I wash them. I still have bottles of lotion and baby wash from when I had my baby shower with my daughter 3 years ago lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yep, sure will and will continue to
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes have always used them and will continue to use them until my girls are old enough for the more growen up stuff.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They've never had any effect on my children, so I will continue to use them.
    EVERYTHING that contains chemicals can be harmful to a person. They're chemicals.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yep I still use them. I mainly use the bath wash and shampoo. I don't use lotion on either of my kids.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I like Baby Magic it smell better to me
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never used them. Our pediatrician always told us it is best to use something with no fragrances or dyes, like Dove.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 7:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Baby magic was included in the list of products that have those "harmful" chemicals. I agree with you anikahaynes1. My mom used the products with me, and I've used (still use) the products on both of my girls. A lot of my friends are freaking out about it, and I wanted to know if I'm the only one who thinks they're over reacting.
    MayBaby0507

Comment by MayBaby0507 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yep.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I still use them on my youngest but my daughter is 4 years old and she likes the smell of DOVE soap so she uses that ...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010