How often do you bake something for dessert?

Lately I've been baking cookies and brownies and so forth at least twice a week. I think dessert is something that is hard to pass up when it looks and smells so good while cooling. Don't you think so?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I baked 3-4 times a week when the kids were small, and my late DH loved desserts. He was used to having his mom bake and had dessert every night. Now, because I can't resist, and don't need the extra calories, and DH doesn't like sweets, it's usually just once a week or so, except for Holidays. When I have the urge to bake, I do, and then have one piece and take the rest to friends, who are very appreciative.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes it is SO hard to pass up! It is my weakness, wish i didnt have such an addiction to sweets! :( i dont bake dessert that often for those reasons.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am not that much of a baker so from scratch usually only holidays unless I can talk someone into bringing a pie.. But I do but bulk frozen cookie dough from the local store that I always keep on hand to bake fresh cookie for guests... I love them.. mostly because I can cook the exact amount I need and not waste any.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, and I love sweets-they are my addiction...typically I only do a lot of baking during the holidays or a special occasion such as birthdays.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We usually have some sort of dessert type dish around the house like cookies, cakes, arroz con leche, pie, brownies, so on. I love baking, my family loves eating it. I love experimenting with new things I find online.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not very often. Usually only on special occasions. I am avoiding eating or serving things made with sugar. Darn.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Usually for special occasions, like holidays, birthdays, get togethers. Usually not just for an average day, although probably once a month i make something just for the heck of it.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A couple times a week. I just baked a pumpkin pie on Saturday and there's still some in the fridge. I am planning to bake cupcakes and cookies this weekend for Halloween.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I try to at least once a week..........sooooo hard not to but i have also put on weight which makes me mad. But too lazy to exercise. i could go for walks i suppose. and i could also get sugar pudding and jello. Make kids something else
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I bake at least once a week.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010