My bab just won't sleep

Hi, is anyone out there going through what we are going through or has gone through. Our one year old baby just doesn't want to sleep..he has two naps in the day one big one (an hour ) and a small cat nap (30-40min) we put him to bed at 8pm I bottle feed him and he usually falls asleep fine and then 2hours later he's up and it can take me over an hour to resettle him usually with another bottle....he then falls back aslepp only to wake again a couple of hours later.....he has since stopped being wrapped and is going through teething these could be reasons or is he just not conftable sleeping on his back? he's behaviour is like of a new born...we tried the resettling approuch but he gets to upset to the point of throwing up ....he has in the past slept and only waking up once but lately he's up every 2.5 hours.....kind regards mommybear

MommyBear335

Asked by MommyBear335 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried cutting out one of his nap. Try warming his milk up
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would get rid of the afternoon cat nap, and push his regular nap back an hour or so, so if you normally put him down at 10 for his big nap put him down at 12 he may nap longer and then not need the cat nap.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Hi I would try to cut his afternoon nap and what about a warm bath at night? There is a sleepytime night bath and lotion too. and after warm bath I might try to warm hos last bottle and watch a clam program like little bear
    sophiasmom37

Answer by sophiasmom37 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would also cut his cat nap that sounds like the main reson is cause hes had too much sleep. try what the others said.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Cut him to one nap a day. Get rid of the bottle, and give him a sippy. Put him to sleep and give him a sippy with water to sleep with. He may wake up thirsty and if its already there he may just sip and go back to sleep. GL!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My Son hasn't slept since he learned to sit up and 4.5 months...and no I'm not kidding! He hasn't had a nap since 4.5 months and he in now 3 years old. We bought him a shirt once that said "sleep is for the weak". I tried everything I could think of baby massage, night time bath soap, letting him sleep by me...Nothing worked. I took him to a massage therapist and her conclusion was that he had something to say =). I took him to the doctor one Spring for allergies and asked her what to do and she told me that I could give him xxx Benadryl and it would help with the allergies and make him sleepy...NOPE! it did fix the allergies but it made him soo hyper I had to take him back and get a new Rx. He just now started sleeping all night. He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up between 6&7 am. Noone belived me that he didn't sleep until they watched him! Good luck! Hope he sleeps for you!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010