My 15 month old still has 6-8 bottles a day, help?

He was born early so his adjusted age is 12 months. He's very attached to the bottle and refuses to eat jar or homemade baby food. He does eat a VERY small amount of cut up "grown up" food. He's gaining a little too much weight because he gets up to a half a gallon of milk a day and 2-8 ounces of juice mixed with water. It's like he's on a liquid diet. I don't know what to do, I've tried only giving him a sippy cup and he really will go thirsty for long periods of time until I give up. He's getting a bottle twice at night. I know he does it at night for comfort because he usually doesn't even drink it. What do I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you need to speak to a pediatric nutritionist. I'd be concerned about his caloric intake.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the pp....that much milk a day isn't good at all.
    Anonymous

• i think that if u refuse to give him it then he will eat what you do allow him to have... talk to your pedi about whats going on
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I am going through that with my son to, he drinks about 4 bottles(8oz) somedays
    karisma91331

Answer by karisma91331 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2008