Temperature.

The other day my 1yr old had a high temp of 103 (anal temp), we were able to control it with tylenol/motrin. Now my 2yr old has a high temp as well 102.5(underarm). I gave her motrin 1hr ago and I just checked her temp and that was it. Should I be concerned right away or wait to see if it goes away and contact doc in the am. if it doesnt? She is eating and drinking fine, shes just cranky.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is eating and drinking fine and are still active i would just wait it out. Hopefully in the morning temperature will be back to normal. Another thing that worked great for me was placing a cold rag over forhead and back for a couple of hours while they were sleeping.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If she is eating and drinking fine, I would wait til the morning before taking her in. Just offer lots of fluids. Also alternate tylenol and motrin every 4 hours. And try a lukewarm bath.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010