How do you handle taking care of your household and spending quality time with your child?

Well I have had a very difficult time with manging my time lately. I keep a very clean house, or a least I try. It seems like I am always cleaning. Since I am a stay at home mom, I feel guilty that I'm not spending every moment doing things with my daughter. I feel like since I am lucky enough to stay home I should spend all my time with her. But when I am all I can think of is what I should be getting done with the cleaning. It has really been affecting me lately, I 've almost become obsessed about it. Anyways I would appreciate anyone's advice. I'm desperate!!

FaithsMommy03

Asked by FaithsMommy03 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• How old is your child? My toddler loves to watch and "help". If I'm cleaning the bathroom, I give her a cloth to wipe down the cupboard doors or ask her to do something else that is similar.

Also, keep in mind that your house can be TOO clean. A little bit of dust and dirt actually keeps your kid healthy. Many studies have shown that kids from super clean homes are more likely to develo allergies and asthma.
    So kick back, relax, and let the dust gather just a little. You'll be helping your child as well as spending time with her.
    Remember:
    Cleaning and dusting can wait 'til tomorrow
    For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
    So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Cleaning and dusting can wait 'til tomorrow

That is awesome! I love it....I try to keep up on house cleaning as much as possible, but there are days when I look at the kitchen and say "screw it!" I'm spending the day with the kids and no cleaning!!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2008