Being overweight means you get paid less?!?

Talk about discrimination and it's only illegal in one state!

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am big and every job I have had I have been the fastest worker.I learn fast and easy.Big people are not all lazy.I have seen more lazy skinny people then lazy fat people. And yes I do have thyriod. Look it up it does cause weight problems.And I have never had a problem calling in.I was the one to called when other skinny bitches called in.You don;t no what the hell you are talking about.I have all ways been a hard working,And I don;t give a dam who no's it.I am not ashamed of what I have to say because I don;t talk out my ass!That is just bull shit that some one would say that crap,and be ashamed to let people no who you are.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• kinda makes sense..........
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Statistically speaking overweight women do earn less than smaller women. Kinda how women earn less than men for the same job. It's sad :(
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Some jobs won't even hire you based on your looks. I worked for a salon and if you didn't fit the image of someone that truly cared about their appearance they wouldn't hire you. You had to look like you used the products to sell them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• it appears that if you are obese that you just don't give a damn and might not give a damn at work either,know what I mean? Lazy? And please don't try that "thyroid problem" excuse. Obese people eat too much and they don't care. Several years ago I didn't care either, but if you start caring and wanting to do a good job,you start losing weight and respecting yourself. It is possible. Then people look at you in a more favorable way. PLUS....obese women have health problems and miss work...makes sense to me...the whole thing.
    Anonymous