Too Small for 12 months too Long for 9 months

Any suggestions for clothes for my son he is 17months old but a preemie. He is too tall for 9month clothes and too skinny for 12 month clothes to stay up any suggestions...btw I do not sew or have a sewing machine. Thanks for any help...Maxwell's Mommy

Nerdangl

Asked by Nerdangl at 7:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try a different brand. all brands have different sizes maybe a diff one will work. I know there are premi clothes out there not sure where you could get some.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son has always been tall and skinny. Some brands, like Carters, have adjustable waistbands. Overalls or one piece outfits work well too, but they might be a little loose. I usually have to get him shirts that are a little baggy or they're too short on him. I took in a couple pairs of shorts (just stitched by hand--not great at sewing either) so he could wear them last year, and I took them back out for him to wear them this year. He's two now, and he STILL fits into his most of his 12 month sized shorts. We have to buy bigger pants for the length though, so I usually look for those adjustable waists. I also found some toddler belts and suspenders online, but we just use them every once in a while.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We have had this same issue with our youngest. He's to thin for his "proper size" but he's to tall for the sizes he fills out... We usually go with the ones that fit length wise and I just dart the back.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son is tall and skinny... we buy all of his clothes with elastic drawstrings on the inside (children's place and target is where we buy most of his pants) OR we have a belt type thing called a dapper snapper and it's works great to pull in the pants and not get in the way like a regular belt.
    http://www.dappersnappers.com/
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Try buying pants with adjustable waist. They sell them at target. My daughter is three and her waist still fits that of an 18 month olds. I can buy her 3t for length and tighten the waist works great.
    Ms.Maaamaof2

Answer by Ms.Maaamaof2 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My son is too skinny for adjustable waists - they look too "bunched up" if I get them anywhere near small enough to fit him. We stick with overalls or Jon Jons and fortunately my mom and MIL both sew. You could look on craigslist or etsy for some handmade Jon Jons if that's your style.

Answer by missanc at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have the dapper snapper amijanell recomended. IKt works. My son is 15 months old and 12 months are too short and 18mo are too baggy..lol..The dapper snapper tightens the waist so the 18mo fit correctly. Its a lifesaver!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2010