Any new stay at home mom's here? I love staying home with my son but do you find yourself a little lost of what to do all day? besides cleaning & playing with the baby, what kind of routinue do you have?? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• well, i have 2 kids (19months and 13 weeks) here's our routine: they both wake up around 8-8:30ish (so do i since they wake me up) my son eats his breakfast while watching clifford, and seseme street. i clean him up and it's playtime or time for errands, like shopping or doc appts, play groups, we do crafts on some days, ect (i keep the tv on so every now and then he'll watch it if it catches his attention. like Diego. that's his favorite) until 12:00 which is lunch time. he watches Play with me Sesame while eating lunch, then at 12:30 he goes to his room for nap time. sometimes he gets up and plays quietly until he's tired then he'll get in bed and fall asleep, and nap time is until 4-5. (continued)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• during nap time, i watch The View (dvr) while i eat my lunch, then i clean the house if needed, and/or get on CM. after nap time, he gets a small snack to hold him over for dinner, then it's playtime (he doesn't get tv this time, that's only a morning thing) until dinner, which is normally around 6:30. after dinner, we have some family time, then (if it's bath night, he gets his bath) then it's bed time, no later than 8pm. then he sleeps through the night. as for my DD, i have her on a schedule also. she gets up 8-8:30ish, eats, hangs out (tummy time, back time, ect) then her nap is 11am. continued again
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• she wakes up around 12 to eat, then she falls back asleep for another nap around 12:30- 1ish, then wakes up and hangs out (again, tummy time, back time, ect) and every now and then she'll take an evening nap, it depends on if she's tired enough. but her bedtime is also 8pm. she starts getting fussy around 10 till 8, i put her in her bassinet, and by 8, she's out.
    armywife43

• oh, she does wake up around midnight to eat, and then around 4-4:30 to eat also. but that's normally not longer than 20 minutes.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I go out for walks when i can, i can't drive so we have to foot it everywhere. I recently joined the library which gives a bit more meaning to walking around. It also tires my little guys out and he usually sleeps a little earlier if we have had a big walk.
    GemmaCap

Answer by GemmaCap at 2:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008