How often do you water a lucky bamboo plant?

It came with a little tag, but all it said was to water it. Thanks, really helpful lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a few of these. They are fairly hard to kill, so if you forget to add water and find it all dried out, add water and it might be ok. I water mine about every 2-3 days, but that is just topping it off and I could have waited ALOT longer. Basically, just fill with water up to the top whenever you think about it - you can't over-water it.... it lives in water and rocks, no soil.

You can even take it out of the pot and put in a clear vase with the rocks and be able to see the water level easier.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I believe it's keep watered all the time
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, they are out on a vase with water, or at least that how I have seen them.

Answer by older at 8:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i water mine once a week, when i water everything.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I own a large bamboo plant that sits on my back deck, I trust the water from God gives my plant sufficient moisture. The rain sits in the container, covered by the growth of the leaves. During heatwaves I pour a quart of water in the bucket. Bamboo grows amazingly wide and high. I don't know if I can get it in the house for the winter. A bamboo branch needs to grow in a narrow vase. Replace the water once a day. The roots too will grow quickly, Don't water a planted bamboo more than once a week.
    meredare

Answer by meredare at 8:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• God does not like Bamboo living in Alaska! LOL

Keep it wet and do not let it get cold!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My sister has one . They are in water
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2010