Trusting a man with friends that are girls

My question is-How do you trust a man that has a couple girls that are friends?He's 40 years old and has a couple of girls he claims are friends.I do have a friend who is a guy and text somtimes too,my man isn't jealous about this.They text each other somtimes.I have seen the texts and their always friendly,nothing flirty.He tells me that he wants me and I had nothing to worry about,plus she doesn't have a job and hadn't seen her in a month.Should I be worried bout this,am I overreacting,how do you trust a man like this?

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby (of 15 years) has always had female friends. Ever since I met him, he's had these friends. My question is why wouldn't I trust him? And if I felt I couldn't trust him why am I with him? If it was something he'd kept secret, then there might be reason to worry, but he's totally open about these friends, right? And why would you have to worry about his having female friends, but he's not supposed to worry about you having a male friend?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When I first met my Hubby he had two girlfriends, he just kind of decided he was happy with me and told them he no longer wished to be friends with them. All his friends are guys now.
    I don't know how he came to this decision, but maybe it was because I did not sit around and talk all day, I actually cooked and cleaned as well as have my own money.
    Now I am a stay at home Mom, but I get him whatever he wants.
    I even have a friend who laughs at me, but hey she always cries about how she wishes to get married.
    Just keep your guy happy, don't worry about her.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you get serious with him request to meet her. If you can't then that would be cause for concern. If he is just your bf, you can't expect too much until you're serious.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My SO of 7 years has female friends. My jealousy has caused a lot of problems between us in the past. I have chosen to trust him completely. He loves me.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Um I would say that you are the one with the problem, and it's yours to fix. If this man is good and treats you well and you really like him, then you won't let your insecurities interfere
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010