Saturday or Sunday???? Craziness!

So the thing around here this year is whether to trick or treat on Sat or Sun. WE are going on sunday because, although we are Christian, we dont view this as an "evil" holiday. Just a day for the kids to get dressed up and get candy and act silly. Is this a debate in your community??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• sunday. lol, and most of the churches around here also do a "fall festival" where u can play carnival games and earn candy as well.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The debate out here was that the city usually held trick or treating the Sunday before Halloween. It could have been on the 27th or 28th and the kids would be out. This is the second year in a row it's being held on actual Halloween.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There is no debate in our community for T & T... our city council meets on their regular first meeting in October, maybe 1 or 2
    ppl may say something bc of the day it falls on, but normally, bc our T & T time is 5-7PM it isn't to late for the children to be out...
    So it's on Halloween as usual...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No debate here. On base we are allowed to trick or treat Sunday, from 6-9 and that's it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No debate as far as I know. Our block is having a block party w/ a cookout and bounce house and lots of fun things for the kids to do. It should be fun and I expect we will see lots of kids around here on Halloween.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• here in OK they are doing it on Friday in a lot of our towns! Since we are the bible belt I don't see it happening much on Sunday!
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I haven't heard anything. There are events going on here all weekend though. The zoo has Boo at the Zoo on Saturday and Sunday, the mall has something called 'Mall-o-ween" on Saturday. The schools are doing a Fall Festival on Friday (during school hours). But I know at least one church here had "trunk or treating" yesterday.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• its ridiculous! My community is doing it on FRIDAY! the 29th!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Our city has been known to move it from Fridays and Saturdays to a Sunday as there is less traffic and less danger for the kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010