Does anybody have reccomendations for a budgeted family vacation?

my family and i are in desperate need of vacation. my husband wants to go some place where we can spend the day with the children and have someone babysit them in the evening. does anybody know of any vacations that would be plausable for a mediocre income?

LisaLand33

Asked by LisaLand33 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Travel

• A family vacation, with babysitters? Doesn't sound very family-like to me. Sorry, don't mean to be rude. Just my opinion.
    hmhmom

Answer by hmhmom at 8:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i would suggest RVing with a family friend. u can go to a couple of different places and still pay the same price for ur sleeping arrangements. it can be costly but its cheaper than getting hotel rooms.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• it's a compromise; which is what family is all about. My husband wants a vacation with just me, and i want one as a family! i know that disneyland offers the services we want, so do the nickelodeon cruises. i guess what i'm asking is very common. just because we're a family doesnt mean we have to go on a family vacation and be together constantly. our children arre young and we are too. a break for us is as much needed as it is diserved. to take them on vacation is good for them as well, so is a break from us. perhaps you should try to be helpful on this site instead of potentially harmful. and you knew you werent being nice when you made your post. that being said you shouldnt post anything that can hurt somebody else. this site is for unity. so please dont break the chain. we're not all the same as you. that's something you need to learn very quickly.
    LisaLand33

Comment by LisaLand33 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You could have a fun family vacation in a place that would only take a few hour drive. have you ever thought about condo rentals? I know if you look on VRBO.com you can find great deals on condos especially in the off season like winter time. My family is going to take a trip to Branson which is 5 hours away in January for my birthday the condo will cost us about $300 gas will cost us about $100 and with the condo having a full kitchen we can take and cook our own food to save money and since the condo is at a resort we get to take advantage of things like the indoor heated pool & jacuzzi hope this helps you.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Also you could invite someone else along to split the costs thats what we may do :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This month is the cheapest to go to Disney World.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• what about looking at your state attraction website and just going site-seeing and get a hotel room, alot of hotels offer babysitting services now. If you go to a themed hotel there maybe kids activities, dunno your kids ages so that might factor in.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Check your state/areas vacation planning guides for ideas.
    Lots of areas offer after hour and night childcare, so you and Dh can fit in
    'date' nights.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What about visiting family and leaving the kids with Grandma for an overnight so the 2 of you can get away?

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Pigeon Forge, TN
    sgt.youngs.wife

Answer by sgt.youngs.wife at 1:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010