I have some questions about blogging.

I want to have a blog. Which one is the best one to use? I do have a couple stipulations.
1. It needs to be free. I can't afford to pay for a blog, when I can just write in a notebook. LOL
2. I would like to be able to be creative with the background, such as having unique themes.
Also, I read somewhere that a blog should have one focus. So, should I have more than one blog if I want to talk about different things?

CaptivatedByGod

Asked by CaptivatedByGod at 8:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• www.blogger.com (formerly known as www.blogspot.com) I've been using this site (and it's free) for about six years now.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Blogger.com is a good one as is Wordpress. I use both providers and have four different blogs. I have another blog on Livejournal but I don't use it because I don't like the setup they have and the total lack of a functional spell check.

Blogs should have a focus. First off, who are you writing for, yourself or for others? Most blogs that are written for the written and consist of family life diary style. If you have several topics in mind, do they all relate to a theme? If so they would go well in the same blog.

But if you are starting out to blogging, start with one blog even if your goal to start gathering followers and earn ad revenue. Get the hang of posting once a week, of writing relevant articles, and writing about what you know. If you have writers block, there are plenty of meme sites to help lend a hand. http://thedailymeme.com/ Don't forget to share your link with fellow bloggers!! Have fun and good luck.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2010