A Daycare Question.

So I'm going to a daycare interview tomorrow. I've never done this, and my daughter is almost 3. My sister used to do daycare, so I always knew she was in good hands. Anyhoo, is $15 for 5 1/2 hours a good price (per day) good? Second, What are good things to look for in the persons home? What are good questions to ask? How can I make sure I'm picking the right place for her?

I'm nervous! ahhhh

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• is the place child-proofed? is there adaquet space to play? is the kitchen clean? how does the sitter interact with the kid? does she kno cpr? does she get vaccines for severe illnesses such as whooping cough or the flu? will u have to pay for days ur kid isnt there? what all do u need to provide for her?
    hope that helps
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• $15 for 5 1/2 is ridiculously cheap! Phippsandrea gave you good questions. Ask her if she also has a back up in case she is going on vacation or is sick.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• All of the above and.....Are their pets in the home? How much outside playtime? How much tv? Naptime? If she will be taking your kid along carrides (like to store, park, etc.) does she have a valid license and insurance?
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Awesome deal. Ask about curriculm, what they eat-healthy or not, child to teacher ratio, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• 15 bucks....that's AWESOME
    Just take everyone's advice.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• background check
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010