anyone else have trust issues?? Have u gotten over them?

I have issues trusting MEN. I just dont trust them.
This obviously effects my relationships... what can i do to try to trust someone??
My 1st instinct is to think the worst....
I am constantly trying to catch him in a lie...
I know it gets old for him, and its exhausting for me.

I just want to know how it feels to fully trust a man.... Its not him, it IS me.....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 8:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I had some a few years ago and unfortunately it was directed toward my husband who had done nothing wrong. After years of being with him and working on it in my head, I finally "let him in" and let me tell you it feels great. It is something that has to be done in your time and comfort level but when you do come out on the other side it feels like I can love him more fully and completely. It is a wonderful feeling to allow yourself to be loved. Having said that, its ok if it takes time. A bit of skepticism toward men in the beginning until they prove themselves is probably not a bad thing! :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sooner or later you get tired of being sick and tired. Tired of wondering what he's doing and who he's with. its exhausting trust me. It takes time to get over being hurt but eventually you will get over it.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Have trust issues with my DH, probably will never get over them.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have huge trust issues, it seems like we dont really ever hear about guys being good or doing good things, and even if we do they are usually followed by something bad. After my husband broke my trust, I didnt ever trust him again, I can tell him that i trust him, but honestly there is no way to ever repair the thoughts and worries, and the things he did before, and I will always constantly worry and look for the same things. He used to lie so much I swear I coulda been a psychic. Or my personal favorite is its not lieing if I just didnt tell you about it, and if its not a big deal then you dont have to know..
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You know I have the same problem, Only I'M like that in all relationships i have. There is one person a man. That I trust. We have been together 5 yrs now. YOU want to know the craziest part that man cheated on me. Weird huh? Well i think what happened was I wanted or we did for the relationship to work. While working through the cheating part. I had to learn to trust him... See you can get there, You have to learn how. Try to start little. Like when he leaves, I know its hard bite your tongue instead of going off on him.. I wish you the best of luck....

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I lost trust for my husband when he put an ad on a dating site.
    Anonymous

• I fully trusted someone a long time ago and it was wonderful!!!!! Unfortunately he moved out of state so we broke up =_( Haven't found that again yet. Well let me correct that, I trusted my husband not to flirt or mess around with other girls. It was a relief and I was less stressed in that area. BUT he was bad in the treatment area and was mean, jealous, abusive, and controling. We have split for good and I'm DONE with relationships for a LONG time! =o) Just let it go and every time you have that urge take a deep breath and do some housework . Eventually you will trust him completely. You know him and can judge if there is some TRUE reason to worry. Good luck
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am having trust issues and it drives me crazy! It's bad! I never have caught him cheating yet I keep thinking that he might be!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, I have major trust issues with guys my childrens dad cheated and left me for another girl and ever since then I am always looking for signs constantly and am always expecting the worst. I hate having to always worry about stuff like this but it's hard when you give someone complete trust and they hurt u in the end
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've learned you just have to let it go. You can't punish a man for things he hasn't done.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010