Now that I'm a stay at home mom I'm gaining so much weight! Has anyone tried the Firm program with the weights? Belly dancing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I tried the firm a bit, just to much for me. But I belly dance daily. works well.  I do shimmy on tv, just record it on ,my DVR.

sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• A looong time ago I did the firm videos. The original videos I liked a lot, but since changing producers I haven't really cared for the newer Firm videos. For an intense workout try any of the Cathe Friedrich videos. It is seriously a good workout even though you are at home. You do need some weights though (several different increments of hand weights will get you started). She has some really fun step videos too that are tricky at first but once you get the hang of it they are so fun. Cathe is much more focused and intense. If you can give her a shot. I have bought her videos from Amazon as well as collagevideo.com. She helped this SAHM shed the extra baby weight. Good Luck!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Belly dancing is a great workout, plus it's a lot of fun! My 3yr old and 2yr old like to try to "dance" with mommy. I bought one of the "shimmy" skirts and that makes it that much more entertaining! : )
    d0wnand0ut57

Answer by d0wnand0ut57 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you want to burn fat you have to do cardio. It's not fun, but lifting weights isn't going to get rid of the fat...it'll build muscle under the fat. Stronger muscles do burn more calories...but you have to do cardio!!
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 9:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• heres what i have been doing along with exercise!!!

http://liljustin.4idiots.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CAFE
    justinsmommy118

Answer by justinsmommy118 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008