So I was looking at old videos of DS pre-diagnosis... (Asperger's)

And found this one. I always found it funny but no I can actually *see* his Asperger's in it. I found is amusing. He was a little over four and a half in this video. About 9 months before his diagnosis. What do you think? Can you see it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibISIwKjp-4

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yeah,I can see the autism. My son acts like that around kids too. He did as a lil one,and still does now.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nope. I would never have thought he was any different. He's certainly adorable!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't have noticed anything. Now since you said to look, the only thing I notice is that he holds his arms a little differently. He sure is a cutie!!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What I noticed. (and he still does this) is at a play ground all the other kids are running around grouping up and playing and he is wandering around aimlessly. lol. I LOVE this video. He is all wandering around and the other kids are pushing past him...but he's tough!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Same kjrn79. Other than the arms he just looks a little unsure, like he doesn't know what he wants to do first. =) But I agree,what a cutie!!!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I really don't see it at all. You must have an experienced eye. It just looks like he's a little smaller then the rest of the boys so they are more dominant & he may be new to the whole climbing thing. He is adorable by the way! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think hindsight is 20/20. We notice it once we are 'experienced' at seeing the differences. I think many of us who have kids on the spectrum, have a tendency to notice those differences quicker in others. But, I must say, I am not sure I would have picked up on as fast if you hadn't posted this video. Maybe if it was longer and I had the opportunity to see more, but if you had just said "hey, watch this cute video of my son" I don't know if I would have said "Hey, that kid is on the spectrum" just from that clip.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't have noticed anything different at that point either, but that was really cute! :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I guess I'm the odd man out here. I noticed, but, I have worked around alot of kids in a daycare setting and I have seen some come through with differences...even minuscule ones and have learned to pick up on them so I could either work on it or recommend evals for them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010