What should i do?

my friend just had a baby and she is real tight with money right now so i got some of her baby stuff for her such as onesis and diaperbag. Before she gets out the hospital i get a called and its her asking do i have the reciept for my purchase because the diaper bag was ugly and she didnt want to take it out in public. recently i offered to give her my son bassinet because i was going to buy myself a new one for LO and she says " why you going to give me the hand me down why cant i have the new one" im real piss and dont know what to do.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 8:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Unbelievable! Who calls a gift "ugly"??!! I would not give her the receipt and I definitely would not get her a bassinet. You should leave her alone until she learns how to except a gift graciously. From the way she sounds, that may be never.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Stop offering her stuff? She just doesn't sound very grateful for your gifts. I can understand exchanging the diaperbag if it wasn't her style, but she could have been more tactful with her chose of words. =)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'd just say if she didn't like it and couldn't be grateful she could give it back to me. She obviously doesn't know how to be grateful and IMO isn't worth the time.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you are asking my advice, I'd tell her to stick it up her butt and never talk to her again! But that's just me. How ungrateful.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Stop giving to ungrateful people. If she's that picky she probably doesn't need it to begin with. Give it to charity and write it off instead.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• doesnt sound like much of a friend...
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Id take the diaper bag back and get my money. And why the hell would she think you would give her the new bassinett? She should be grateful you offered to give her your old one. I would just stop offering to help her since she obviously doesnt know how to appreciate any kind of help.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think you are a good friend to keep trying. However, since it appears your efforts are going to someone who feels very entitled I would save my money. Also, tell her that she can have a new bassinet as soon as she pays for one.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010