How do you raise your kids? What kinds of "morals/responcibilitys" are important to you?

And how do you try to pass them on?

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Manners, respect, we do not lie-yes that means my 4 year old knows santa is made up, do not judge ever. If you do not agree with someone, fine. Disagree respectful. You can respect the decision but not like it is our motto. Try to see where that person is coming from and how their lives form that opinion. We lead by example always. Do not force your beliefs onto someone, that would be rude and you would not like if someone did that to you, work hard, get your college education, and never take the easy way out.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I teach him to treat others the way he wants to be treated, not to judge others before he knows them, to be a hunter, to treat people with respect, to be helpful (hold open doors..etc), use manners (such as please and thank you), to work hard for what he has (nothing is handed to him), and responsibility (chores).
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Children learn mostly by example. The best way to pass on your values and morals is to make sure you are living them. I value honesty so I never lied to my children or anyone else, even when it might have been easier. I wanted my children to respect older people so I had to be the first to give up my seat to and eldery person if we were waiting somewhere. I am self employed so my children went to work with me to learn how to work hard and were shown how to value a dollar.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Corrina,
    I suppose that means you don't tell them about Santa? The Easter bunny? How about the tooth fairy?
    Just asking.. But I do admire your ideal's!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Comment by MAKEMYDAY101 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am trying to raise my daughter similar values that my parents have instiled in me. respect for others and treat them the way you want to be treated. say i love you everyday. no hitting(she is 19months). to listen to mama and to respect each others property. she understands that certain things are mama's are certain items are sarah's. as she gets older i hope to teach her more things obviously but right now its really the foundation. laugh and play is what we work on most of the time.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am strict with very conservative views a pretty hands on attatchement parenting type
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010