Do your kids walk on the couch???

I have 4 boys and they are constantly walking on the furniture! Mainly my oldest who is 10. And if something is on the floor he has to stand on it or mess with it with his feet. That boy never sits still! LOL.

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• OMG yes they do I have a 9 yr. old boy and a 7yr. old girl and when daddy is not home they pretty much do what they want until I've had enough. hang in there it's almost time for their bedtime it's @9:00 then I can sit back and relax and enjoy the quietness my dh is working nights...aahhh!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yes my 3 and 2 year old are constantly doing this and trying to jump from one piece of furniture to the other
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes my 2 year old do the same thing i have a sectional and likes to run back and forth on it
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 9:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• omg my 2 and 3yr old do this ALL THE TIME and it's so aggravating having to tell them to stop over and over and over and over again. now i just pick them up, take them down, take their hand and silently take them to time out. i'm tired of opening my mouth and telling them over and over. they'll learn eventually, even if i end up having to spank them to get the point across.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• lol, yes, my daughter always has!! (shes 6) she jumps for couch to couch too, or does gymnastics between them (one hand on each couch, and then swings her legs) lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My boys did the same thing when they were younger, they learned how to do back flips off the arm rest of the couch on to the cushions.
    They grew out of it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No. Furniture is not made for walking on. Playing on the furniture like you all have described got my kids a spanking. They learned fast not to do it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• They have tried a few times to horse around on the couch...they get removed and may no longer be on the couch, to sit even for the rest of the day. When they are old enough to pay $1000 to replace my couch they can damage it anyway they wish.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010