Natrual Birth?

I am thinking about having a natural birth this will be my first, Has anyone done a natural birth? How was your experience?

Stl_mom_314

Asked by Stl_mom_314 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had no time for anything but natural , my first one was almost born in the potty because i hate needles so bad i didn't wanna go to the hospital , and my youngest head was in my hand as i was walking into the hospital my middle child i could have but i don't like needles so i told the docs they had to take out all needles including the old used ones or i'd have the baby in the hall LOL.... needless to say they took them out and i pushed for less then 5 mins and he was in my arms.... with my first it was exactly half an hour from the time i walked into the room till she was in my arms LOL i wouldn't do anything but natural simply because to me it didn't hurt bad enough to let them poke me with evil needles LOL

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 9:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Me...it was great. Will do it next time as well. 7 hours and 2 pushes. Could walk around immediately.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my first, but I am going to do a natural birth. I'm considering doing it as a water birth (my sister in-law did a water birth and swears by it) as I've heard good things about water birthing.
    ClaraVondu

Answer by ClaraVondu at 11:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• good luck, i wanted to, but wound up with an emergency c-section....you know what your pain threshold is and if you can handle it once it starts...if you want it to work you have to have everyones support around you, and mostly the dr or midwife. BUT be prepared if something happens that things will change....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes, 4 times. Natural is by far the best. Labor in water! And Get a DOULA!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes~ I have had some natural waterbirths.

Birth (of any sort) will be intense and challenging, but doesn't have to be bad, or even very painful!!
    Natural pain coping techniques can reduce/eliminate pain tremendously!

Start reading up on this now, take classes, use a midwife and a doula~ know that support, information, and confidence are essential.
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Both of mine were natural.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with the posts about water births and doulas. I plan to have both at my next birth. Water takes a lot of the pressure off and helps you relax, and a doula has training and will keep a more level head than a spouse! They have experience and training that will prove invaluable.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2010