Why are there so many new moms coming on here asking about work at home jobs?

Doesn't that strike you as kind of funny? All weekend it's been happening. Doesn't anyone read the other questions? Do you think some of this is trolling? If you look at their profiles, I think you will see what I am talking about. Looks like trolls or bots to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's someone asking questions just to advertise their site. Look at the profiles of the posters. Most of the posters have friended one certain person who keeps advertising their site. It's a site that hasn't been advertised too much on here, it's relatively new. After looking through, I think I've found the culprit!! Maybe she's a bot??
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 9:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Like automated profiles. Yes, I've noticed that too
    Anonymous

• Probably bots or someone creating the names to ask and then post on their other name is their "opportunity" But I see what you mean, such as the newer post on the money & work section, sweet---------- no profile info, no nothing, just joined cafemom and instantly asks a questions.

But at the same time a lot of real members ask the same question...and well they all get the same people responding. They should really look over the questions just asked or do their own research to find what they are looking for
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's why the "captcha" was invented. Bots can't get through those.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Happens often...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think it is to get more sahms interested in this site.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think it's BOTS
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• yes.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i dont know what BOTS are but i want just asked somebody about at home jobs because i have to get a second job and i want to see my children....whats a BOT?
    LisaLand33

Answer by LisaLand33 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyzes and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. Each server can have a file called robots.txt, containing rules for the spidering of that server that the bot is supposed to obey.

Worse than a troll... They always get on eHow and take over as well. It's hard to get rid of them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010