Are you exhausted? I am! And I only have 1 kid! How do you have more?

Btw, I totally want more, but how will I get the energy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• it does get easier once they are school age...well as far as the daily care aspect of it since they get more self sufficient over time. It's that stage between baby- to-starting-school part that is hardest in terms of finding time for yourself. My kids are ages 17,14, 11, 3, & 2. Needless to say I haven't gone pee without an audience for many years. Also I have to hide if I want a candy bar to myself. At least my 17 yr old can watch the little ones so I can run to the store without them.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I am , I have a 14 month old & by the time he goes to bed i'm sooo tired!! I always say how do people have more than one?? I wouldn't have time to take a shower lol!!!!!!! BUt I think I am staying with my one & only : )
    Anonymous

• I have three. It gets easier! As your child grows the physical drain is less, but usually the mental strain is harder. Trust me, it gets easier!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have one 27 month old and have no idea how anyone survives more than one. My hat is off to any ladies who do it!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I have 11, 10, 8 yos and a 15 mo all boys. They keep me busy, but they keep each other busy too. You find time. It was hard when they were toddlers, but once I could get a shower without worrying the'd squirt chocolate syrup all over the room (it happened!), it got a lot easier. Now they keep an eye on the baby while I shower or make dinner.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• LOL! to lisa89j....that is hilarious about the candy bar. I just did that today...ran and hid in the garage for two seconds to shove milky way in my mouth! I have two 2 year olds, and some days I can't even find the energy to get up off the couch, let alone feed them, take them potty, clean the house up, etc. I also babysit two other 2 year olds, so I have my hands full all day. They like to fight and argue and yell over each other, and it gets stressful, but at the end of the day I know it's all worth it (I think LOL!). But I'm glad to see I'm not the only that is out of energy by the end of the day!! I'll be sad when they go off to prek next year, but oh my.....3 whole hours to myself...YIPEE!!!!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 2:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It's really not that much harder and when they get older they entertain each other which is a blessing because you actually have time to get things done.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with everyone once they older they play amoung them each other have 4yr old ,soon to be 3 yr old and 20 month old so it gets better. I found myself running the basement to eat a candy bar or to just snack on something with out sharing for once.
    Ryan111500

Answer by Ryan111500 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• LizClara thats hilarious, I do that too, but I just wait until after bed so I can enjoy it lol. I have 3 kids 6,3 and 4mo. I am still getting used to the shift since the baby was born, two was easy but the third is talking me a little while to get the hang of. I grew up in a big family (8) so 3 is alot less.
    I actually found a little trampaline at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago for the sole purpose to were them out hehe lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2008