Do you wish that your man was more chivalrous?

I sure wish that mine was. My husband was so sensitive to women's rights that he was afraid that chivalry would offend. Now I just wish that he would do the niceties to me....uggh

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 9:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i wish all men would be better!
    I go to the gym with twins in a double stroller and another baby on my chest.
    rarely will a man hold the door for us.
    I can do it on my own, but it is so much easier if someone gets those doors for us!
    A man got the door for us today and I thanked him, and then later let him know how rarely men will get the door for us.

On the flip side, my dh will hold doors for other women, and often they do not thank him.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Absolutely! I also wish he could spell it! Unfortunately, I am married to a modern-day Neanderthal. No offense to Neanderthals.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My husband is extremely so, but then we grew up when boys were expected to be gentlemen. He still opens the car door for me after almost 46 years of marriage. He will carry the groceries into the house and tell me to not come out even to help him. He always allows me to enter a room ahead of him, helps me with my coat, carries the heavy stuff, and on and on and on.......
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• NannyB., can I borrow your husband to train mine?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I used to....not anymore...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• UGH...my favorite is, "I'm a good listener, they like to talk to me because I listen" about all the skanks that he doesn't seem to notice are flirting and drooling over him.....keeping in mind that he can't listen to me....ever.....stupid husband.....but yet, I still love him! Go Figure
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2010