constipated adult content

my daughter is constipated from being sick. Is there any way to help her?

crystaldinae

Asked by crystaldinae at 9:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• water. apple or pear juice. or mix prune juice with water, 2 oz of each always gets my son moving. if she doesn't like it, put an oz in 4-5 oz of milk and see if she drinks it. try to limit bread, rice and applesauce and bananas, since those are things you give to help bind someone up
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• consult your doctor for the doseage for the age but miralax should be perfectly fine for any age. My daughter has been on it for chronic constipation since 6 months old. She gets 1/2 capful two times a day and it doesn't do anything for her but she has diagnosed gastroparesis and chronic constipation while until the supervision of a GI.

It doesn't cause stomach irritation gas bloating nothing it works gently and nice, for those who just need help once in a while IT WORKS. I took it one time when I was backed up from taking pain meds from a surgery and WOWSa I do not know how that poor little baby of mine can not go. I took a full capful with my morning water and by lunch I was moving :)

Uping fiber intake will help, also sugar free candy can work. It may give nasty gas and cramps thou.
    Fruits, veggies high in fiber (which is hard with a picky eater).

:) good luck I would ask about miralax or even call the pharmacy
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Try prune juice mixed with some water, and encourage plenty of fluids in general.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010