do you know about a usefull gift for a new born?

I think that cloths is not the only thing i should give, please help meeeeeee

jesus12

Asked by jesus12 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone thinks diapers and wipes and clothes and blah blah .....GIFT CERTIFICATES... that way when all is said and over, the parents are sitting there, holding there little one and all of a sudden they think OH SH.... we don't have.... they can take the GC and go out and get it.

People think they are tacky personally I would rather 100 of them over 100 packs of NB diapers that unless your the worst human incubator like me, yours kids arent going to get thru. And yes most people aren't smart enough to think to buy different sizes or at least all the showers I have been to they haven't been.. lOL
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• diapers is #1 useful gift ;)
    others bath soap, wipes, finger nail clippers (you can never have enough around the house)
    burp rags and now they come in cute little patterns
    Binkys if they are going to use them, receiving blankets
    Anything for mom too!!!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A pacifier thermometer, or a really tiny bottle medicine despenser, wipes, diapers( like a size 2 or 3 for down the road) the little things are great!
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Pacifiers, diapers, wipes, etc. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 9:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I loved getting diapers and baby soap and things like that. My cousin picked my daughters name for Christmas when she was a newborn. My cousin gave us the best gift ever a basket full of baby supplies Diapers, wipes, baby soap, baby lotion, some super cute hair bows and socks. It was so nice to have all that stuff especially when you go through it so fast!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Get a cute little basket and fill it with bathroom kind of things. Baby tylenol, baby motrin, Teething tablets, baby Vix, a nice hard book for baby to grow into, these are the things new parents may not think of until baby really needs them. And just because they are newborn doesn't mean you can't get them something they will grow into....even a toy to use later, that's the best stuff IMO
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Anything and everything that is consumable is a great gift. I actually truly appreciated the handme down baby sling that I got from a neighbor. It was totally worth while when we needed to get through those colicky, refluxy days.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A sling, socks that are not newborn size (for some reason I can never have enough socks), bibs, burp cloths, small toys, sleep sacks, a good thermometer, bouncy seat, bathing supplies, towels and washcloths, a package of larger size diapers, wipes, a photo album or picture frame. Basically anything you find in the baby section can be a useful, and thoughtful gift.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I got 2 different homemade baby blankets for my son, he uses blankets every night and I will save them for his children someday
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Gift certificates, burp cloths, diapers (all sizes), wipes, and my personal favorite was a swaddle blanket called the Miracle Blacket (it truly was a miracle!)
    Limarey

Answer by Limarey at 10:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010