What would you think? I was really hurt and now she doesn't really respond to my text or comments online.

I went to a babyshower. I had all my kids there as it was kid friendly. Half way through the party my DS was caught getting into my cousins purse (where the balloons were) and her sis caught him. So I put him in time out, he is 8 and said he was trying to get a balloon. My cousin starts digging through her purse and starts telling her sis in law and friend that she is missing $40. I over heard her, asked her, she said she was, so I went over to my son and checked his pockets (he was wearing jeans, no coat) and found nothing. I told her I found nothing. She proceeded to empty her purse out on the table and still can't find the missing $40. Party over and we all go home. 2 1/2 hours later she calls me and says she is not asking for the money back, but thinks my DS stole it. Stating he must have hid it in his shoe or underwear and she didn't want to make a huge deal at the party about it. SHE EMPTIED HER PURSE OUT! I was hurt!

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I would guess she was just being dramatic. Unless you find the money with your son, I wouldn't blame him.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• She should've kept her purse with her! I always keep my purse either on my lap or on the side of my chair. So she was a little rude to do that. I hope everything works out momma. I feel for you, she was trying to prove a point I guess. But I would not lose sleep over her $40 dollars.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Tough one.... I don't know what I would do- I would be so hurt that someone would accuse my son of such a thing. But until the $$$ is found you just never know, sometimes kids do things that you would never think they would do. I hope the money comes up somewhere and your little guys is cleared!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah because no one would have noticed him Digging in his crotch or his shoe.... What a jerk.
    I hate people like that. She probably didn't even have 40$ just trying to be a jerk, and blame your kid for something. Let me guess she doesn't have kids.
    I would just ignore her she doesn't seem worth it, if you believe your son and have looked and found nothing you owe her no apology nothing. She is being childish and immature. she needs to grow up and get over it. Most likely she never brought it, never had it, or found it later on and now is to embarassed to say it becasue she looks like an ass.
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• She apparently already made a big deal out of it by the scene she caused at the party. Unless you find the $40 on your son, or find that he suddenly has money to spend, I wouldn't worry about it. Chalk it up to her being someone you didn't know as well as you though you did, cousin or not.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well, this happened 3months ago and no $$ has been found. I actually cried over this accusation of my child. She still won't seem to talk to me. I don't know what she thinks or if she ever found the $$. I just know that my kids and I are honest people. I understand that kids do things sometimes, but my DS's name was cleared at the party and there was no reason for her to continue the accusation after he was cleared. If she wasn't satisfied with his innocence she should have checked his pockets (or shoes) herself, I would have been fine with that. It is just sad to let family go =o( Thank you all for your support!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Comment by Caoimhe_Oona (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If he was older than 8, or the party was at your house where he could stash it I might be concerned...but this just reeks of drama queen BS. You don't need people like that in your life. I would have had a stern talk with my son about NEVER, EVER touching another persons pocketbook or billfold.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think that I would blame the child I mean innocent until proven guilty right you checked his pockets and he had nothing then he didn't do it if he had time to go threw her purse then I am sure other kids and adults did to and you know what would a 8 year old do with 40 dollars without an adult noticing
    mommy3sss

Answer by mommy3sss at 10:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Well, at 8 he should know better than to go into people's things with out asking. I can see where in her eyes, its suspicious. It may not have been your child that took it, but it was your child that got his hand caught in the proverbial cookie jar. It would hurt my feelings for my child to be accused but I would understand it. Its kind of a rock and hard place situation.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• exactly mommy3sss! And we live like way out of town so it is not like he can go to a store by himself. And it was still summer and I am a SAHM so I am with him 24/7. How would he launder $40?
    Caoimhe_Oona

Comment by Caoimhe_Oona (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010