If you speak more than one language, what language do you dream in?

I've always wanted to ask this! If for example you are fluent in spanish and english, what language is spoken in your dreams?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Travel

• english. Even if I dream of Italy or Jamiaca....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i speak 2 other languages and English i dream in English for the most part unless I'm dreaming of talking to someone who doesn't speak English

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• English for the most part, but I've had dreams where I'm yelling at my husband/other person in Spanish, or if I go to sleep watching a television show in Spanish, then I will have Spanish dreams.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It depends. Mostly they're in English, but if I've spoken a lot of French that day or was thinking about it right before bed, then it'll be in French. Some nights it's just random though... one night, I had a black and white French horror flic in my dream!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am fluent in Hungarian (born/raised there) but since I don't normally speak Hungarian during the day (family lives thousands of miles away), my dreams are in English. I also think in English. Although sometimes I find myself cursing in Hungarian. We're much more creative with the swearwords LOL
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• mommaofh2 I have a ton of family in northeast Hungary!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• English, I speak creole.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I dream in English, most of the time. Sometimes I do have at least part of a dream in Hebrew, but usually only when I'm in Israel and speaking Hebrew the majority of the time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I speak english and spanish and I dream in both!
    marquezmami

Answer by marquezmami at 10:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• @OP -- are you serious! That's pretty cool! My father's side is from Miskolc. My grandmother still lives there. I was born in Szeged.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2010