what should you do if your child would rather sleep on the couch then in his bed

My 13 yr old son will not sleep in his bed ever since he broke his arm. At first he said it was more cofortable which I can understand but now the cast is off and he still wont go back to his bed. What do I do or should I just leave it alone since he is comfortable there?

Aarionna

Asked by Aarionna at 9:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My 19 year old likes to sleep on the couch because he shares his room with his older brother and he is usually up later then him. I just let him sleep there.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The first thing you need to do is to figure out if it bothers you or not. If it doesn't bother you, then don't make an issue out of it. I live in a one-bedroom apt with my 2 year old, and there's a queen size bed in the room along with her crib. I much prefer sleeping on the couch. I find it to be more comfortable! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I prefer to sleep on my couch instead of in my bed. I feel safe there. I have really bad anxiety and sleeping on the couch is what helps me to calm down. I don't know what it is but it's the most comforting place best to my mom's house! My Husband doesn't like it so I try to sleep in our bed but sometimes we have a family camp out and sleep in the family room and I get the couch =)
    I'd leave him there maybe he need that right now
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I went through that with my 12 yr old not too long ago. No particular reason, just wanted to sleep on the couch. My husband gets up for work at 4 AM though, so that would cause a problem
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My oldest son (he' s nearly 20) loves to sleep on the couch. He only recently in the past few months has actually been voluntarily sleeping in his bed. I just let him sleep where ever he wants. No big deal really. Now he's sleeping in his bed one of his sister's is actually disappointed because she liked to sleep in his bed.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My kids love the couch and fight over who gets to sleep on it...not a fight worth fighting!
    cancerfighter

Answer by cancerfighter at 10:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 14y/o sleeps on the couch. he has bads, but, wants the couch. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• As long as it doesn't disrupt anyone else let him sleep on the couch. I wish my husband would sleep on the couch. He snoring kills me!
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 10:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Let him sleep on the couch. I sleep on my couch every night, my 14 yr old has been camping out on the floor. As long as he is sleeping, I could care less where he sleeps.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My boys sleep on the couch from time to time, I just let them do it. It's impacting me in anyway so I don't really worry about it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010