Why do people post Anonymously? adult content

I really do not get it.... What’s the point?

Is it because you’re asking a personal question and you’re afraid some of the ladies will bash you on your regular profile?
Or
Is it because you’re talking crap about someone (family or friend) and afraid they will see it somehow?

I really don't see a point, it’s a public forum why not just be open and honest and yourself, why hide. It’s the internet... Am I the only one that isn't going to take it that seriously if you say hey Preemie mom you’re a bitch ;) I know I am thanks!!!! Or calls me an idiot... LOL

PreemieMom.2009

Asked by PreemieMom.2009 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't post anon bc I don't care what anyone thinks. I think many can attest to the fact that I've discussed things which people have not agreed with me on, and I didn't hide, lol. I don't really get why people care so much that they have to go anon, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Who is it hurting honestly? I see people who aren't anon be rude. I've also seen anons be helpful. It's not about anon. Why is it soooo important to know who everyone is?
    Some have family and friends on here.
    Some may want to share something very personal that could help others without giving themselves away.
    Some are embarrassed to ask a question.
    Some don't want the whole world to know that their life is a complete mess and don't want to mean person on here to rub it in later.
    Sometimes if certain people knew who you were, they wouldn't listen to perfectly good info.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I sometimes wonder why some people on here DON'T post anon. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've posted anon questions, but usually if it's an embarrassing question or something very personal. You might not know it, but our activity here shows up on Google -- do a google search for your screen name.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What musicmom said.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Because I can, Because you can, Because ANYONE can!
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have posted anon, but it was a question not pertaining to myself but asked for a friend. She was afraid her SO would get on here and see it and know it was about her. Yeah, not likely. Other than that then no.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why does it bother people so much! I see this question alot?!?!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never post anon I dont see the point :) I love to own my words :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I rarely post anon. Only if it is a really personal question.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010