Are my dreams normal?

I was abused almost 2 years ago by my (now) ex husband. I have moved on with my life and I have had NO contact with him, his family or his friends. Recently he has contacted my family trying to locate me. He claims he has some items he wants to return to me. I have moved on quite well with my life. Recently though I have been having nightmares in which he kills me. Is there anything I can do to stop my dreams? Yes I do realize they are just dreams but at the same time I am scared of this man. I did press charges against him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• first of all, dont let ANYONE tell him where you are! I'm sure you already know that. Try to think positive thoughts before going to bed. Your kids, a hot celebrity, the ocean....anything calming.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You might want to talk to a psychologist or counselor. I think the dreams are a result of discontent inside of you, or even past memories haunting you. I hope the bad dreams end soon, hon. I agree with Owl Feather too...make sure no one tells him anything, and relay to them how vital this is. Get a restraining order if you can. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010