How to make a Toddler Carseat cover??

Does anyone know how to make a toddler carseat cover? or know of a free pattern i can use to make one for my 2yr old daughter. Everyone ive found to buy they want and arm and a leg for. Thank you for your help in advance!!! Thanks.

beeandlacismom

Asked by beeandlacismom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you still have the old seat cover. Tear it apart with a seam ripper and make a new one if you do. Make sure you leave enough room for seam allowances. My mom has done this with several things that she didn't have a pattern for it it always works out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• mccalls pattern is not that much but what i would do is trace the car seat three separate pattern side as one each and middle part as other part make it large by few inches sew all toghter i hope it turn out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I dont want to be the crazy safety freak mom but since nobody has said it yet..... It is very unsafe to put anything on your car seat that did not come with it. If you need a new cover you should contact the manufacturer of the seat to purchase one from them. Since anything you add to the seat has not been tested by the manufacturer it will void the seat warranty and in the even of a crash could even cause more harm by interfearing with the harness or compressing and causing your child to be ejected from the seat. It also will not be made of flame resistant material like the manufacturer covers are.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with foxracing. You really shouldn't put anything on your child's car seat if it didn't come with it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Coala's answer is the best! I used the padding from the old seat and just sewed cotton prints I wanted back to it.
    PiratesMama

Answer by PiratesMama at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2011