Is it possible to get an email adress for another country while living here?

I recently signed up for a penpal site, thinking it would be fun to make friends overseas, Only promblem this new friend I made types like S.I.L and asks the same dumb airheaded questions. CAN NOT CARRY A CONVERSATION this person ignores anything stated in the last email, I just have this "red flag feeling". The email adress is a .uk at the end because they are suposed to be from England. I have tried looking it up on all the free reverse sites like spokeo, and pipl and I can't find anything, nothing shows up on yahoo. Could any of you point me in the right direction (hope this person is just spacey and not my psycho SIL) thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I'm sorry, but that's pretty crazy if that's you SIL. Anyways, I'm not sure of how else you can find anything out on the girl. If you had her IP address, you could find out her location. My advice though would be to just end the communication. Something obviously doesn't sit right with you, so trust your instincts.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• And as for the ".uk", I have no doubt that someone from the US could get an e-mail address like that. The thing is, though...did you tell her you were on this penpal site? I mean, those sites have millions of people on them (some of them), and the chances of her finding you, unless you posted your name or an e-mail address she knows, are pretty slim.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2010