Would you buy a house that was near hight tension towers...?

the house is about 300-500 feet from the towers, they put out about 275,000 volts of electricity.... i am a little confused...HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE LIVING NEAR THEM!? ( i have an 8 month old..who i dont want to expose him to harmful Electromagnetic fields..how much is too much)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard (but it may be rumors so you may want to research it some) that living too close to those for too long can cause health problems such as cancer...then again they say everything causes cancer now ;o)

I personally wouldn't because I use a cell phone as sole phone service and signal would be non existent.
    Anonymous

• ive also heard they cause cancer..as well as other health issues..i personally wouldnt wanna live near them..my parents were lookin into buying a house a lil over a year ago and it was exactly what they wanted and were lookin for good price and everything, but they didnt take it due to those towers..so yaa, i wouldnt reccomend it..especially for a young child...or any child!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• High Voltage lines have been proven to promote the possibility of cancer. I would avoid them if possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The use of cell phones period have been proven to promote the possibility of cancer. Yet that stops noone. I'm sure people have been living near high voltage towers for years and are fine. I'd be more concerned about buying a house on a busy street where my kids might get hit by a car! But of course you should go with your instinct and do what you think would be best for your kids!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008