How do you feel about PACIFIERS??

At what age do you think they need to be trashed... Are you militant about that?

My son who is 8 had his for about 9 months.. then I lost it.. litterally and never got another one.. Thinking I may "accidently" repeat that.. Lol

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think they suck!! LOL
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Bad! lol
    I took my sons away at 3 months but he only used it when he was fussy.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Four kids and never had a single one in the house. Never saw a need to "plug" the babies. Even had it on my hospital files NOT to even THINK about putting one in their mouths in the hospital when they were born.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I personally think no child over 1 should have a bottle or pacifier.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 10:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• They are okay. My three kids had different feelings about them,I think. If kids still want their Binky by kindergarten, that is a little too much. LOL. But they do calm some babies.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would definitely take it away by their 1st birthday. I never let them use it unless they were down for a nap or for bedtime. Same for blankets, they could snuggle with them in bed or on the couch but could not carry them around the house and have them with them at all times. I think the pacifier is an easy soother for the parent when all else fails and we need to suck it up and deal with them crying for it for a few nights.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never gave them to my kids- I had bf'ing problems and was terrified of creating nipple confusion and making my issues even worse! Out of my three kids, my oldest used to suck on his first two fingers all the time instead, the middle one sucked her thumb for a couple of months as an infant and then stopped, and the youngest one never did either. I think it's time to get rid of it once it stops affecting speech development or dental development.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I never ussed one or planed too...1st because i'm nursing and the say it causes confusion...and mainly i see other kids cry for it or cant sleep without it.. it makes no sence to me it's not a nessary thing and it may cause buck teeth by over using it...but most importantly the main reason i chose not to use one is because i love all the little sounds he makes!!!! I dont think it would be the same if he always was sucking on a passifier!!!
    MichelleBabyBoy

Answer by MichelleBabyBoy at 12:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• For babies and up to the age of 2 I am fine with them as they are a comfort item. It is when the child gets older that I think the pacifier becomes habit and should be weaned/taken away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think they're fine to have, but should be taken away no later than 2. I personally, took my kids away when they were 12 months and 14 months. I think it's ridiculous to see a 3,4,5 year old walking around the store with one still stuck in their mouth.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010