Does it bother you that drug companies are paying your Dr. to prescribe their medications?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i hate drug companies. I wish more doctors were naturopathic
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not as much as it bothers me that they're paying the insurance companies to decide which ones they'll pay for. That's where the big money is changing hands.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It bothers me that almost all the commercials on TV are about drugs and they tell you to "ask your Doctor if this is right for you"...etc. And everyone DOES. ANd they think there is a pill for all their complaints and they are turning into hypochondiacs.
    People are overmedicated. THANKS to the Drug Companies.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• NP is correct. For instance with my insurance company, two of my medications are considered non-formulary and I have to pay extra for them even though there is no generic equivalent.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Actually, if it would lower what I pay out at the doctor's office I wouldn't care at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Doctors DO NOT GET PAID BY THE DRUG CO. to prescribe their meds. In China they do that! Here in the states Hell no!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have doctors in the family and they do NOT get money from drug Co.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One bad doctors those not make them all bad.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm going to have to agree with gammie here. I've worked in a few clinics over the past 17 years, and although reps certainly go out of their way to get docs to consider their product, there are regulations that both doctors and reps have to follow. My dad was a drug rep for many, many years. He had to account for every single penny spent on luncheons and speakers, and each and every sample that was given to a doctor's office. Talk about over-reacting, sheesh OP.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Doctor do not get paid by the drug companies. They do give Doctors free samples of some drugs. If your low income and can't afford yours drugs at CVS and other places, you can ask your Doctor if he has samples he will give them to you free. If your on a certain pill for a long time you can even call the drug companies and they will help you get your pills at a reduced price.

The Drug companies are not the evil people that you have been led to believe.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I need to know specifically what you are talking about OP before I can answer the question. There are regulations in place that limit what companies can give to doctors as far as gifts, etc. Post a link, and then I can tell you what bothers me about it, if anything.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010