Do you feed a newborn a cold, or warm bottle??

Im not sure which you are suppose to do so please help....

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 10:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's actually been proven that it doesn't matter. Some babies don't care whereas others do.
    My children both had cold bottles and neither of them minded at all. They never even had a warm bottle in their life, and it has never been shown to be any problem at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My DD always liked a warm bottle. Even now, I warm her milk up just a little bit before I pour into her sippy. Especially if she's drinking it right before night night.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• warm milk not hot if you drop some on the side of your wrist and feel for the temp if to hot put bottle cold water to cool down if to cold put bottle in warm water and right temp feed baby
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• However you and baby prefer. I would probably go with room temp if possible, and take it from there. Don't really know for sure though, as I did not bottlefeed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I always fed mine warm bottles.With my last one when in the hospital we always gave it to my son at room temp. and I kept on doing that when I got home but I noticed he wasn't drinking very much so I started warming it up and that made a difference he started drinking more.And of course after warming it up in the spritz alittle bit on your wrist to make sure its not to hot but you probably already knew that :)
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• whatever your baby is ok with is ok...most of the time they dont like cold but room temp or warm is fine...my DD prefers a warm bottle but she will take a room temp one also...she just seems to really enjoy it and go after it more if its warm but its hard to take your baby and go places if you have to have a warm bottle every time so if your baby is satisfied with room temp then go with it! GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Warm is what I always went with. My kids even liked warm milk after they were off the bottle, but now they can't stand it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ive always done room temp. I just keep a gallon of water on the counter. Never had a problem. Hope you find something that works for you and your baby.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• warm
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2010