Should you go and work in a bar if you are desperate for money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As long as you have someone trust worthy to take care of your children, the bar is safe, and you're not the one getting drunk or doing anything shameful I think it's fine. The key is professionalism.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i was actually considering that type of job, but i have terrible hearing and a terrible memory so I'd get fired quickly
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• What's wrong with working in a bar? When I got pregnant I was going to school and bar tending. However, it was in an upscale restaurant, not some gross bar with drunk people and cigarette smoke. I've had some friends that were bartenders in really nice bars and would make like $500 a night. I don't see what's wrong with that, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Usually places start you out as a hostess or server and you work up to a bartender. And you usually have to go to bartending school. THere are a zillion drinks out there and you'll have to know how to make each one of them.
    Anonymous

• Sure, you can probably make good money.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sure, if you can get a job at one. I have been looking for months. Those jobs aren't that easy to obtain believe it or not. And you actually make a nice was of cash doing that!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i didnt quite answer your question lol. I dont see a problem with it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you can do it...then I'd say YES! Why turn down a job if you're desperate for money??? And especially depending on what type of bar...you can make some damn good money.

A good friend of my husbands works at one at a club on the beach...he has TWO bachelor's degree's and chooses to bartend because he makes a good $70000/yr...Of course he's been doing this for quite a while and is very well known around here, so that helps him...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with working in a bar. A bar can actually bring in decent money with getting tips ontop of a paycheck.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010