Moving Halloween?

i just found out that my city has moved trick or treating to Saturday. there reasoning is safety for the homeowners since (they assume) most people won't be home. the city never said this but the reasoning no one will be at home is b/c they will be at church on Sunday night. i'm a little pissed about this b/c we made plans to trick or treat on Sunday and the city hasn't really told anyone other than word of mouth & a small posting to their website, so its going to be a huge mess for those getting and giving candy.

did your area change the date for trick or treating b/c of church services? can the city even do that? or is it normal for cities to change the date for Halloween if it falls on a Sunday?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 10:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmmm... I've never even heard of that! I actually don't even know that the city has anything to do with what night Halloween is being celebrated... it's not an 'organized event' here, it's just something that people do.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ours didn't. But, I wish they would. I hate it when it's on Sunday for the simple fact that most people have to be up early on Monday for school and work. Saturday evenings are much better all the way around.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It is often changed if Halloween falls on Sunday. (I am in GA)
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Our town hasn't made it "official" but they moved the parade to Saturday night. I'm prepared for trick or treaters both nights. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree that I like it better on Saturday cuz you have to be up early the next day.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• but they dont change trick or treating when it falls on a Friday or a Tuesday...at least not in my area. i just hope some ppl are giving candy on Sunday cause my DD will be crushed if she doesnt get to trick or treat (we cant do it Saturday).
    okmanders

Comment by okmanders (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We did not change days T & T is from 5-7PM...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Here, we always trick or treat on Halloween, regardless of the day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've never lived in a place where they changed it... that's just dumb.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It is never changed here. Halloween and trick or treating are done on whatever day Halloween happens to fall on.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2010