Do football parents know each other's business? This is my first year and I noticed

a lot of the parents are into the kid's and parent's business. Yes or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If they don't know each other's business - they will make something up. I have found that the parents of the kids are worse than any group of kids I knew in high school. It seemed to be the parents were in competition with each other and with the kids. I stayed far away from the drama.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• it's like that with a lot of sports. I just got that impression because my neighbors play baseball and the mom told me everyone gossips and is clique-y
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Honey, it isn't because they are sport parents. Any kind of group seems to do that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with Musicmom, any group will have some parents like that. My sons play football in the spring and fall and, yeah, a lot of the parents are "chatty", but I really don't buy into it. I just take my chair and to be honest during practice I bring a book and read. Some of the parents may think I'm stuck-up or snobby, but I'm just not really a "joiner". I'm a little shy or introverted, so I just keep an eye on my younger son while the older boys practice and read my book. And of course during games I'm busy cheering on the team, so I don't have time to gossip with everyone else. I just don't allow myself to get sucked into the drama.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2010