Swedish meatballs

How do you make them? I cheat and use the seasoning packet, but it's really good.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use Grnd Beef, breadcrumbs, and egg. Roll up the meat mixture into balls and fry them in olive oil. I boil egg noodles, mix it all together with mushroom soup milk and salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My cheater version is using mushroom soup mix instead of tomato when I make porcuppine balls. My guys love em. MusicMoms sound good ad simple too.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• This is the way I make them
    Sweedish Meatballs
    1/2 lb ground beef
    1/2 lb ground pork
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon butter
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons beef bouillon
    2 cups water
    3 tablespoons sour cream, or more to taste
    1/2 teaspoon dill
    In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese until well blended. Form into walnut-sized balls.
    Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs, and brown evenly. Remove from the skillet, and set aside. Stir flour into the pan drippings. Add beef bouillon and water to the pan, and mix well. Bring to a boil, and allow to thicken. Stir in sour cream and dill. Return meatballs to the skillet, simmer for 5 minutes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:18 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I cheated by going to the restaurant and ordering it. That way I knew it was good and I didn't burn the house down! LOL

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2010