I need some advice please

I am a SAHM. I have been looking for a job for close to a year now and I am at my wits end. We have been struggling for 2.5 years now and really I don't know what else to do I pray and pray all day. I have tried in home daycare(no one interested) I have tried applying for my old job back(they are swamped with applicants and I spoke to HR there and got nowhere) Dh works full-time and I just don't know what to do. We have 2 kids. We are in a rental house and we are near getting kicked out. We pay them everymonth, problem is it stays a month behnd in rent. This is true of all other bills. We tried applyinmg for food stamps and made just barely over the limit(made too much $) We tried applying for some credit cards to help get by and were turned down even though the cards claimed they were for people with bad credit. I have 0 credit and dh has credit that is in the low 600's. We have 2 car loans out, one of the cars was hit cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• lightenng and doesn't run. Last year we gave Christmas presents to the kids and nothing to anyone else, including us. This year I see no way of ANY gifts. I can't do that to my kids. I am beyond sick and tired off living this way. I don't know they way out. I amNOT filing for bankruptcy because then it will REALLY be a long time for credit to get fixed. Please tell me what to do. I need a job desperately.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Wait for it. Any minute Heather will be posting her ad on here.
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 10:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I suggest that you sell the car that doesn't work for scrap metal. That or parts, because there might be some working parts in it still that someone can use. List it on Craigslist. Did your insurance not cover the car getting struck by lightening? I don't know if it would, but did you call and find out? If you could sell the car that could help you guys out even a little bit. - When it comes to looking for jobs don't be stingy or picky. Anything is money and it will help you guys out. Apply to all retail, especially places that may need seasonal help. Apply for all fast food places, even those that may not be hiring. You never know when a job will open up. Put your resume in every inbox that you may qualify for or even can be trained for. There is always something out there when you have no specification for the type of job you're looking for.

Is it possible to move in with family rent free?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No family to move in with, the car wasn't covered by insurance, cannot sell parts on craigslist because I have a loan out on it and its being used for calateral(sp?)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• are you a crafty person? Craft shows are in full swing. are you applying everywhere for a job? Have you had any interviews? Did you send a thank you note?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2010