i want to move out but my mom doesnt want to let me..i think its because if i move out then she wont have the same amount of control over me..i hate the fact that she is constantly making me feel like crap and i cant stand her most of the time..HELP!

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Confused. Are you a mother? Are you a disgruntled teen? How old are you?

Answer by LeftBrainy at 5:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i also would like to know your age and situation. Sometimes when we wwant to do something our mothers "know best" and will say otherwise.

There's a song out there "Your gonna miss this, Your gonna want it back".

things may be tough now or your personalities are clashing but please, if you and your mom generally have a good relationship, don't move just yet - especially if you've made some "bad" choices of late....

Enjoy the time you have with her and the help (or what your may perceive as control) she provides you!.

Good luck.

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you are wise, child care, transportation and a job...why not try a little independance. Many times moms are trying to be helpful but say things that can be hurtful or seem like they are controlling. It comes from a loving place. You and your mom may need some time apart or seperate places. Just be sure that you have a safety net incase it doesn't work out. Another place to stay or the option to move back in with mom. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Okay... let me just start by saying I am 21 and less than a year ago my mom and I were going through the whole "i don't want you to grow up thing." If like the other ladies said you are independent and able to her! Don't just scream and yell about it. Do everything you possibly can to show her how capable you are, and then go and do it. If your mom is like mine she is never going to accept it. So you have to decide that you are old enough and ready, and then draw the sand in the line...and be prepared to stick to it! No running back to mama when things are tough or suck :) Good luck.

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• your mother is just trying to keep you from getting hurt or make wrong choices.i'm a mother and my child was very close to me but now that she has a child of her own she has changed and is busy she listens more to her FRIENDSand MIL .JUST REMEMBER THAT SHE LOVES YOU VERY MUCH AND ONE DAY YOU WILL NEED HER ADVICE OR HELP PLEASE MAKE HER FEEL NEEDED AND THAT YOU RESPECT HER OPINION AFTER ALL SHE IS THE ONLY MOTHER YOU WILL EVER HAVE.I WISH MY DAUGTHER WOULD REALIZE THIS BEFORE ITS TO LATE.